Donor Relations Coordinator
November 22, 2019
Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking an energetic, detailed-oriented individual to join the Development Team as its Donor Relations Coordinator.
The Coordinator will help to further PNRI’s fund development goals to expand its donor base and deepen its connections with existing supporters. Primary responsibilities include coordinating and implementing 8-10 fundraising and stewardship events throughout the year, assisting the Assistant Director of Development in planning the annual An Evening of Wine auction fundraiser, and maintaining the donor database. Other development-related activities include, but are not limited to, corporate sponsorship benefit fulfillment, gift processing and acknowledgement, direct mail preparation and processing and prospect research. This position reports to the Director of Development with a dotted line report to the Assistant Director of Development for An Evening of Wine.
Desired candidates will have strong event planning skills (including project management of multiple overlapping timelines, vendor relations and volunteer management), CRM database management proficiency (preferably in Raiser’s Edge), nonprofit development experience (or sales and acquisition experience), and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Event Coordination (60%)
- Manage the development events calendar and work closely with both the Development Team and Communications Team on communications and project timelines
- Coordinate the production of event-related materials, including save the dates, invitations, in-kind donation documentation, catalogs, corporate sponsorship letters and other communication, as needed
- Pull mailing lists for all direct mail and digital communications
- Track and manage data entry of guest registration, auction packages and volunteers
- Coordinate event logistics including securing contracts, vendor relations, auction item procurement, sponsor benefit fulfillment and volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Manage post-event reporting, gift processing, and follow-up
- Support logistics for other donor-related events, as needed
Database Management (30%)
- Manage database integrity including quality assurance, maintenance and reporting
- Process gifts from donors and generate gift acknowledgements in a timely manner
- Track pledges and corporate matching gifts; create and file donor documentation
- Create constituent lists for mailings, donor portfolios, appeals and events
- With oversight from Director of Development, conduct corporate and individual prospect research
Donor Relations & Development Administration (10%)
- Support donor communications in coordination with the Communications Team
- Prepare team for donor meetings, record donor contacts and support donor portfolio
- Provide initial outreach to first-time donors and send welcome email
- Work closely with finance department for monthly reconciliation, pledges and interdepartmental communications related to gift batches
- Provide other development functions, as needed
- High attention to detail; ability to prioritize projects; efficiency; and the ability to work effectively with little instruction.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a part of a team and maintain positive interpersonal relationships in a small, intimate working environment
- Direct experience with nonprofit event planning, preferably gala fundraisers and corporate sponsorships
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant work experience in a project manager or coordinator role
- Two years nonprofit development-related experience or similar field preferred
- Experience with donor database management is required, preferably Raiser’s Edge and Greater Giving
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and digital email programs such as MailChimp
- Available some evenings and weekends for donor event-related activities
- Lift 30 pounds
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit research institute fueled by a mission to discover new solutions in the fight against disease. Our culture is designed for discovery, creativity, and collaboration. We are home to a multidisciplinary team of world-class scientists who are redefining genetic research.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.