Environmental Health & Safety Officer
September 5, 2019
Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking a self-motivated and resourceful EHS Officer. The EHS Officer is responsible for all PNRI Health and Safety programs. Working with principal scientists and staff to assure compliance with WISHA, OSHA, DOT, and all relevant regulations. Maintain registrations and ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations, licenses and permits concerning environmental health and safety.
You will also support and manage workflow for routine IACUC processes, including attendance at scheduled meetings. Supports the implementation of IACUC procedures and recommendations regarding the animal care and use program.
The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements and EHS policies. Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as Safety, Industrial Hygiene or equivalent in years of experience and education. Environmental and Occupational Science preferred.
- Two years’ experience in the health and safety field as well as administrative experience in a research environment.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and EHS policies, procedures, and programs.
- Professional EHS certification (ASP, CSP, CIH, CHMM, QEP, CEA, REM etc.) desired.
- Radiation Certification, Chemical Hygiene and Hazardous Waste Operations certification is preferred.
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit research institute fueled by a mission to discover new solutions in the fight against disease. Our culture is designed for discovery, creativity, and collaboration. We are home to a multidisciplinary team of world-class scientists who are redefining genetic research. Everyone at PNRI is provided the independence to focus on their work and the freedom to experiment.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.