January 6, 2020
Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking a Grant Manager who will be primarily responsible for the accounting function for all grant monitoring administration, compliance, grant accounting, and financial reports of awarded grants through their final closing. Problem solving skills are critical to success, as well as taking initiative and ownership over the role and responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented, well-organized, and a team player with a high level of work integrity and ethical standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Guides and facilitates faculty and staff in the development and preparation of research proposals, contracts, sub-contracts, and agreements, to include budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements.
- Analyzes and evaluates contract and grant budgets for correct calculation of expenditure categories such as salaries, percent of effort, salary adjustment increases, fringe benefits, indirect costs, materials, and equipment.
- Analyzes and evaluates awarded proposals, contracts, and subcontracts for compliance with funding agency, federal, state, and Institute requirements; prepares required acceptance documentation, recommends approval or rejection of deviations from contract specifications.
- Coordinates receipt of awards and sub award contract documentation; maintains proposal and funding records, and prepares scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses.
- Participates and/or assists in special projects, and performs associated administrative duties, as assigned; may provide functional direction to lower level technicians on assigned work.
- Manage and conduct annual or bi-annual financial audits on funded projects.
- Maintain and verify payment records, reviews invoices and record receipts.
- Prepare detailed monthly progress reports on the funded project status and submit them to the management.
- Monthly closing responsibilities as assigned
- Routine reconciliation activities as assigned
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Two years of grant management experience.
- Two years of general accounting experience or equivalent experience managing grants. This should include experience in managing of grants, budgets and financial tracking, progress reporting and other compliance requirements for multiple award types including federal grants.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manage deadlines and solve problems effectively and efficiently in a service-oriented manner.
- Team player who is positive, energetic, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- Experience in a nonprofit environment a plus.
- Experience with QuickBooks Pro software preferred.
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit research institute fueled by a mission to discover new solutions in the fight against disease. Our culture is designed for discovery, creativity, and collaboration. We are home to a multidisciplinary team of world-class scientists who are redefining genetic research.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to email@example.com. No phone calls please.