Lab Technician – Hagopian Lab
February 19, 2021
Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking a Lab Technician for the Hagopian lab who will complete lab assays and process blood samples.
The ideal candidate should be able to work independently and carry out scientific techniques, procedures and research related to research goals of the principal scientist. May be required to perform quality control, system monitoring and data management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up lab for experiments and tests.
- Blood sample processing and preparation for analysis.
- DNA extraction.
- Prepare solutions and materials following standardized formulas.
- Maintain supplies for lab staff.
- Ensure proper collection of chemical waste for disposal, and proper disposal of non-hazardous laboratory waste.
- Break down and clean laboratory equipment as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences or equivalent experience and/or education.
- At least one year of research lab experience with basic molecular biology experience.
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit research institute fueled by a mission to discover new solutions in the fight against disease. Our culture is designed for discovery, creativity, and collaboration. We are home to a multidisciplinary team of world-class scientists who are redefining genetic research.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to email@example.com. No phone calls please.