Manager of Research Services
April 29, 2022
PNRI is searching for a perceptive and proactive manager to play a critical role in enabling the achievement of PNRI’s scientific mission. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience working in a research laboratory setting, strong project and personnel management skills, and enjoys solving problems by working in partnership with others.
The Manager of Research Services is responsible for enabling efficient and effective administrative support across all departments and laboratories at PNRI. This position will partner with senior administrative and scientific leadership to proactively identify projects and activities that require cross-department engagement and will provide project management support to successfully implement solutions. The position will also provide support to individual departments and laboratories with specific administrative needs. In addition, the position will develop, review, and improve administrative policies, systems, and procedures within a research environment. The position will manage the hiring, training, and allocation of the administrative team responsible for supporting customers across the organization.
- Engage with organizational leadership to proactively identify projects and activities requiring administrative support within and across departments and laboratories
- Lead interdepartmental teams and provide project management support to ensure efficient, accurate, and timely completion
- Conducts cost analysis and prepares and implements a budget based on estimates, as necessary
- Conducts risk assessments, reports identified risks to management and provides recommendations for mitigation of risk
- Manage administrative team members and allocate administrative resources, as needed
- Create administrative procedures and systems to improve processes and manage their implementation
- Understand key institute goals and priorities to recommend process improvements and designs that influence the future direction of PNRI’s work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills, including time, task, and resource management
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching, and interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to influence and persuade others at all levels using empathy and compassion
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team members at all levels
- Excellent relationship management skills, problem solving, and emotional intelligence
- Strong supervisory skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with all aspects of staff management
- At least three years of related experience required in a life science setting
PNRI requires vaccination for COVID 19 as a condition of employment.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit, biomedical research institute with a distinguished history of contributing scientific advances to improve health in a variety of disease areas. PNRI is committed to creating a diverse environment and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Please see www.pnri.org for more information.