Research Technician – Stubbs Lab
February 19, 2021
Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking a Research Technician for the Stubbs lab who will focus on analysis of genes involved in brain development and adult social behavior. The technician will work as part of a team performing mouse breeding, weaning, and behavioral analysis, brain histopathology, and analysis of protein, RNA and chromatin from dissected tissue, isolated brain cell types, and neural stem cells in culture. The technician will be integrally involved in the research from start to finish – from experiments to data analysis – and will assist with preparing data summaries for presentation and publication.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a team but independently, carrying out scientific techniques, procedures and research in close coordination with others. Hands on experience with laboratory research including animal handling, tissue culture, and molecular biology methods is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Familiarity with concepts and techniques in molecular genetics, genomics and neuroscience.
- Two or more years of experience as a Research Technician or related laboratory experience.
- Experience in the lab with mouse breeding, dissections, molecular biology experiments and analysis, tissue culture.
- Individuals with experience in neurobiology, brain development, and/or genomics research will be highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit research institute fueled by a mission to discover new solutions in the fight against disease. Our culture is designed for discovery, creativity, and collaboration. We are home to a multidisciplinary team of world-class scientists who are redefining genetic research.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.