August 9, 2021
Responsibilities will include working both independently and as a member of a team and providing technical assistance with ongoing research projects. Including providing general lab set up. Prepare materials and ready equipment for routine laboratory tests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up lab for experiments and tests.
- Prepare solutions and materials following standardized formulas.
- Write technical reports or prepare graphs and charts to document experimental results.
- Maintain supplies for lab staff.
- Ensure proper collection of chemical waste for disposal, and proper disposal of non-hazardous laboratory waste.
- Break down and clean laboratory equipment as needed.
- Participate in safety programs to maintain a safe work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, or college level coursework or equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- Two or more years related laboratory experience and/or training.
Skills and Abilities
- A fundamental understanding and knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures and techniques of the assigned subject area.
- Demonstrated experience with basic laboratory equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to evaluate information to determine compliance with standards and protocols.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp or manipulate small objects. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may require working with computers for extended periods of time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate consisting of usual business office sounds including but not limited to computers, printers, telephones, and light foot traffic. Employees who work in Laboratories may be exposed to biological, chemical, radiological, or physical hazards that are typical of a laboratory environment. Employees may be required to work with and handle animals.
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit, biomedical research institute with a distinguished history of contributing scientific advances to improve health in a variety of disease areas. PNRI is committed to creating a diverse environment and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Please see www.pnri.org for more information.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.