Senior Grants Manager
April 30, 2020
Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking a Senior Grants Manager who will proactively work together with faculty and staff to manage all aspects of pre and post award tasks associated with federal and non-federal grant funding. The person is a senior financial manager working directly with internal stakeholders, including PNRI faculty, finance and accounting staff, and administration, as well as with outside institutional financial administrators, and governmental and non-governmental sponsor personnel. The person serves as a resource for faculty, students, and staff on policy and procedural questions related to grants management and financial controls.
The successful candidate will have exceptional problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to take work independently and take initiative over the role and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with faculty and staff in the development and preparation of research proposals, contracts, sub-contracts, and agreements, including budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements.
- Assemble and review all proposal documents to ensure that applications are complete and in compliance with all governing rules prior to submission.
- Work with faculty and staff to develop projections to determine overall funding as well as appropriate spending of individual grants, including updates on budget projections, grant extensions, re-budgeting, staff support, and grant closures.
- Manage all post-award documentation, accounting, and reporting requirements, including assisting faculty, as needed, with monitoring budgets and expenditures, and collecting information and submitting reporting, as required by award.
- Proactively identify new potential funding opportunities and communicate them to the relevant faculty and staff.
- Maintain grant pipeline database and prepares analysis and reports for management review.
- Recommend process improvements in grant submission, monitoring, and tracking to increase efficiency.
- Participate in special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of federal grants management experience.
- Knowledge of federal agency grant proposal submission guidelines and portals, such as ERA Commons
- Competency with grant accounting
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills; accuracy and attention to detail; flexibility and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with a variety of people including faculty, administrators, staff, as well as outside individuals with a high level of tact, professionalism and confidentiality
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit, biomedical research institute with a distinguished history of contributing scientific advances to improve health in a variety of disease areas. PNRI is committed to creating a diverse environment and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Please see www.pnri.org for more information.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.