Senior Human Resources Manager
September 2, 2020
The Senior Human Resources Manager is a key partner in enabling an organizational culture where all employees actively participate in the delivery of PNRI’s mission. The individual in this position will partner with senior leadership on strategic initiatives related to organizational design and development, change management, employee development and training, performance management, and employee relations. The position will provide leadership in the implementation, development and execution of HR related policies, programs, and guidelines, including employee experience, culture, and DEI. This role will engage with employees and managers to address root causes of organizational issues and address employee relations issues with a systematic approach. The position will coach managers to increase their capabilities as leaders, to implement and integrate systems to create efficiencies, and to influence and enhance PNRI’s culture.
- Partner with senior leadership on strategic initiatives related to organizational design, change management, employee development and training, performance management and employee relations.
- Understand key institute goals and priorities, as well as trends in employee relations issues, to recommend process improvements and designs that influence the future direction of HR work.
- Analyze HR processes and procedures, and recommend to senior management workflow changes that improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Ensure that all core HR functions are executed while prioritizing employee experiences.
- Periodically review, develop, update, and implement HR-related policies, as needed.
- Partner with hiring managers to lead staffing efforts, including the development of recruitment strategies, and staff development and retention plans.
- Identify opportunities to enhance manager capability by conducting one-on-one consulting/coaching with lab leaders and managers.
- Drive compensation processes, and coach managers on differentiation and compensation philosophy.
- Identify Institute-wide training needs related to policy or culture concerns, and develop implementation plans to meet identified needs.
- Develop and implement communication plans that support HR annual and long-term goals.
- Conduct complex investigations, as needed, and advise senior management on recommended actions.
- Ensure that HR policies are consistent with PNRI’s values.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks by collaborating with legal and developing standardized approach for enhancing compliance.
- 10+ years of Human Resources experience working for an innovative, fast paced environment with a collaborative culture.
- Experience in the life sciences or biotechnology industry is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related degree.
- Proficiency in Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Compliance.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)/Society for Human Resources Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with leaders to coach, develop and assess key institute issues, and develop solutions that optimize the employee experience as well as the organizational health.
- Experience introducing best in class HR processes or initiatives and driving change.
- Knowledge of market analysis, job pricing, job leveling, and other technical fundamentals of compensation management.
- Fully conversant on all benefits and employment law (e.g. Medical/Rx, 403b, ESPP, STD, FMLA, LTD, Life); able to provide input into other areas of HR in relation to business needs.
- Exceptional consultative skills and ability to resolve issues.
- Ability to coach and influence employees at all levels throughout the institute.
- Strong project management and change management skills to effectively design, socialize and execute HR and institute change.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Candidates will be required to provide proof of Covid-19 Vaccination as a condition of employment or have the ability to obtain one prior to starting the role.
This job posting does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit, biomedical research institute with a distinguished history of contributing scientific advances to improve health in a variety of disease areas. PNRI is committed to creating a diverse environment and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Please see www.pnri.org for more information.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.