September 5, 2019
Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking a Staff Accountant who will be primarily responsible for processing payroll, accounts payable, fixed assets, and other general accounting responsibilities. Taking initiative and ownership over job responsibilities and apply problem-solving skills to achieve results.
The successful candidate will be well-organized and a team player with a high level of work integrity and ethical standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Payroll and Benefits Administration:
- Process semi-monthly payroll utilizing a 3rd party provider Paycom
- Ensure all tax withholdings, deposits and reporting are correct, complete and filed appropriately
- Administer employee contributions including health insurance, 403(b) withholdings and other contributions
- Reconciliation between Payroll reports and General Ledger accounts
- Ensure employee reimbursements are processed through payroll
Accounts Payable & Purchase Order Management:
- Receive, track and route for approval all vendor invoices
- Enter Accounts Payable transactions to General Ledger
- Prepare AP Aging report for vendor check selection on a weekly basis
- Generate checks selected for payment
- Manage vendor relationships, ensuring timely payments and exchange of information to key business partners
- Maintain Fixed Asset register
- Monthly closing responsibilities as assigned
- Routine reconciliation activities as assigned
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or equivalent
- Two or more years of accounting experience
- Two or more years of payroll experience
- Must have a high level of attention to detail, meticulous record keeping, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit research institute fueled by a mission to discover new solutions in the fight against disease. Our culture is designed for discovery, creativity, and collaboration. We are home to a multidisciplinary team of world-class scientists who are redefining genetic research. Everyone at PNRI is provided the independence to focus on their work and the freedom to experiment.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to email@example.com. No phone calls please.