May 22, 2019
Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking an Assistant Controller who will be primarily responsible for accounting and financial reporting, as well as coordinating the monthly closing process. Problem solving skills are critical to success, as well as taking initiative and ownership over the role and responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented, well-organized, and a team player with a high level of work integrity and ethical standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform financial monthly closing activities: journal entries, reconciliations.
- Prepare compliance filings with State of Washington and IRS. (Sales and Use Tax filings, Charitable Gift Filing and other miscellaneous tax filings).
- Work closely with the Development Office on gift accounting and reporting, ensuring that all activity is compliant with donor restrictions.
- Provide support for the preparation of audited annual financial statements.
- Maintaining daily cash balances and review reports from bank daily.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Three plus years of progressive accounting experience
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and related audit standards
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manage deadlines and solve problems effectively and efficiently in a service-oriented manner
- Team player who is positive, energetic, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Requires a high level of independence, accountability, good judgment and attention to detail
- Experience in a nonprofit environment a plus
- Experience with MIP software preferred
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit research institute fueled by a mission to discover new solutions in the fight against disease. Our culture is designed for discovery, creativity, and collaboration. We are home to a multidisciplinary team of world-class scientists who are redefining genetic research. Everyone at PNRI is provided the independence to focus on their work and the freedom to experiment.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to email@example.com. No phone calls please.