May 22, 2019
Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking a Staff Accountant who will be primarily responsible for processing payroll, accounts payable, fixed assets and other general accounting responsibilities. Taking initiative and ownership over job responsibilities and apply problem solving skills to achieve results.
The successful candidate will be well-organized, and a team player with a high level of work integrity and ethical standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Payroll and Benefits Administration:
- Process semi-monthly payroll utilizing a 3rd party provider Paycom
- Ensure all tax withholdings, deposits and reporting are correct, complete and filed appropriately
- Administer employee contributions including health insurance, 403(b) withholdings and other contributions
- Reconciliation between Payroll reports and General Ledger accounts
- Ensure employee reimbursements are processed through payroll
Accounts Payable & Purchase Order Management:
- Receive, track and route for approval all vendor invoices
- Enter Accounts Payable transactions to General Ledger
- Prepare AP Aging report for vendor check selection on a weekly basis
- Generate checks selected for payment
- Manage vendor relationships, ensuring timely payments and exchange of information to key business partners
- Maintain Fixed Asset register
- Monthly closing responsibilities as assigned
- Routine reconciliation activities as assigned
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or equivalent
- Two or more years of accounting experience.
- Two or more years of payroll experience
- Must have a high level of attention to detail, meticulous record keeping, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit research institute fueled by a mission to discover new solutions in the fight against disease. Our culture is designed for discovery, creativity, and collaboration. We are home to a multidisciplinary team of world-class scientists who are redefining genetic research. Everyone at PNRI is provided the independence to focus on their work and the freedom to experiment.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.