Payroll HR Specialist
March 7, 2019
Pacific Northwest Research Institute (PNRI) is seeking a Payroll HR Specialist who will be responsible for Payroll processing and all functions, processes, deductions, and distributions associated with Payroll. The Payroll HR Specialist will be responsible for answering employee questions, training users, and related activities. Taking initiative and ownership over job responsibilities and apply problem solving skills to achieve results.
The successful candidate will be well-organized, and a team player with a high level of work integrity and ethical standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payroll for +/-80 employees: update records, coordinate payroll deadlines and time sheet reporting, verify accuracy of the payroll, and resolve payroll issues.
- Act as primary liaison between payroll vendor PAYCOM and the organization.
- Respond to inquiries related to payroll, time system, self-service, forms submission, etc.
- Administer employee benefit contributions withholdings.
- Ensure employee reimbursements are processed through payroll
- Process wage changes, status changes, additional job assignments, etc.
- Reconcile benefits deductions from payroll with billing statements
- Training employees in Paycom, including time entry, leave requests, and self-service portal.
- Ensure accurate audit back-up for payroll changes.
- Maintain employee files and records
- Other duties as necessary and/or assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or equivalent
- Two or more years of payroll experience
- Must have a high level of attention to detail, meticulous record keeping, and organizational skills
- Ability to work discretely with sensitive and confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
PNRI is an independent, nonprofit, biomedical research institute with a distinguished history of contributing scientific advances to improve health in a variety of disease areas. PNRI is committed to building a culture that encourages originality, risk-taking, and interdisciplinary collaboration. Please see www.pnri.org for more information.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae at: firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.