A post-doctoral research position in data analysis is available at the Pacific Northwest Diabetes Research Institute in the laboratory of Dr. David Galas. The successful applicant will collaborate on the development of, and directly apply, computational tools for the analysis of various heterogeneous data sets. The work will be based on the information theory methods recently developed in this group for finding multivariate dependencies.
- A PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Statistics or a related field
- Strong applied mathematics background and scientific programming skills
- Experience with bioinformatics algorithms and large-scale data analysis
- Prior experience in a research environment is preferred
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume/CV to: email@example.com
Senior Research Technician
Pacific Northwest Diabetes Research Institute is seeking a full-time Senior Research Technician to assist ongoing projects with the Galas laboratory. The projects involve global transcriptomic analysis using technologies including microarray, qPCR, next-generation sequencing platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exercise judgment within generally defined procedures and techniques
- Exercise technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies of the research group
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature
- Work independently on routine work and new assignments
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant fields and familiar with general molecular biology techniques
- 2-5 years of laboratory experience
- Experience in data analysis is highly helpful but not necessary
- Strong inter-personnel skills, ability to work independently and to work as a team, and work ethic are required
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex scientific documents and the ability to write reports
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel and graphic software programs for scientific work
Interested individuals should submit a current resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.